Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
Valentin1331 · 8233
Rex is often considered the best clue-getter in the game. Let me show you why.
Please press the ♥ even if you don't plan on playing the Deck just to give it some visibility for new players, and sorry for the English mistakes, I am not native, but I am trying my best :)
Credit: Cristi Balanescu
This Deck is part of a series of Decks created for the release of the Revised The Dunwich Legacy Campaign. Find the other Beginner Deck Guides for the other investigators here:
If you do not own The Edge of the Earth, an alternative only using the Revised Core and The Dunwich Legacy is available at the bottom in "Make your own Deck!"
Even if you are new to the game, I personally encourage you to play with the Taboo, meaning Milan and Rex's only once per turn. Even like this, these 2 fellas are the best 'gator/ally in the world.
Table of Content:
• Main Strategy
• Upgrade Path
• Make your own Deck!
Enemy Management: ★★☆☆☆
Encounter protection: ★★★☆☆
Card Drawing: ★★☆☆☆
Try to get the benefit from Rex every turn to get an extra clue and gain tempo to improve your chances of winning the game.
To make sure that you succeed by 2 or more at least once per turn, we are going to boost your .
For higher shroud locations, you can also commit some of your events to make sure that you always overcommit by at least 3.
If there is 1 clue at your location:
Use Burglary on your location. If you succeed by 2 or more, you will get 3 resources and the clue at your location.
Use Seeking Answers on a connecting location. If you succeed by 2 or more, you will get a clue at the connecting location and one at yours.
If there are 2 clues at your location:
You can do a basic **Investigate.** Action and hope to trigger your . Use your Flashlight to increase your chances.
If there are 3 clues or more at your location:
This is where you really shine, to get a lot of clues at one location, fast.
Early campaign, commit Deduction, use your .
You can probably notice that there is 2 copies of Scavenging and not many targets besides the Flashlights. This is because your first upgrade is Ice Picks (3), which you can then recycle every time you succeed by 2 or more for an extra clue!
Note: You cannot scavenge the Ice Pick (3) at the same action as you throw it, so you need 2 of them:
• Play Ice Pick A
• Investigate. If you succeed, use the ability of the Ice Pick A and discard it to get an extra clue.
• If you succeeded by 2 or more, you can Scavenge Ice Pick B, which is in your discard pile.
• Play Ice Pick B
• Investigate. If you succeed, use the ability of the Ice Pick B and discard it to get an extra clue.
• If you succeeded by 2 or more, you scavenge Ice Pick A, which is in your discard pile.
•• As Scavenging exhausts, you can only do this twice per turn, but that's already sick.
• "I've got a plan!": even though you will have a Damage Dealer by your side, sometimes it's good to be able to handle yourself for a little while.
• Preposterous Sketches is here because Crafty will pay for it, and unfortunately, at this stage, it's your only Draw engine (besides your Signature Search for the Truth). Note that you do not want to Draw too often as it would mean that you also see your Weakness more often...
• Shortcut: You empty locations so fast that you may easily spend half of your actions moving, and it is that many lost actions. Shortcut is a cheap, and flexible way of moving around the board faster.
• Ward of Protection is always excellent if it prevents you from putting a Doom on the Agenda or protects you from some nasty Treachery Cards, and you have enough Sanity to pay for it.
• The Skill Suite (except for Overpower) is here to save you from Tests you could have on Encounter Cards or help during some Scenario Tests like Parley.
• Hyperawareness is a great way to spend your overflow of cash to either flee an enemy or succeed a hard test.
•• The acceleration power of Divination is insane, 3 clues in one action, 4 with your ...
•• With all these new Assets, the Deck can become a bit slow. Unearth the Ancients (2) allow you to get a clue (or 2 with your ) while playing some assets.
•• As you empty locations at the speed of light, you will get a lot of free moves from these, as well as a nice boost for Encounter Tests.
•• A bit of a luxury update, but it takes you further and faster, so why not!
•• As investigating and moving is everything you do, why not a bit more of it? 2 resources against 2 actions is an excellent ratio.
•• You can upgrade this one at any point, but Rex is so good already that it's not a priority.
Make your own Deck!:
• If you do not have The Edge of the Earth Investigator Box, you can look at this Deck, that only uses the Revised Core Set and Dunwich.