- If you are instructed to lose 1 or more actions, you have that many fewer actions to take during your turn. This is referring to your normal three “full” actions. So if you are instructed to lose 1 or more actions, those must be the ones that are “lost” first. If you have no more of those actions to lose, then you start losing “additional” actions, of your choice. So, for example, if you are playing Daisy and an effect instructs you to “lose 2 actions”, you would have 1 normal action and Daisy’s special additional action left.
당신이 조종하는 카드 가운데 파멸이 1개 이상 놓여 있는 동안, 당신의 차례 동안 당신은 추가로 행동을 1번 더 수행해도 됩니다. 단, 이 추가 행동은 마법 카드를 플레이하거나 마법의 기능을 활성화하는 데에만 사용할 수 있습니다.
효과: +1. 당신이 조종하는 카드 하나에 파멸을 1개 놓아도 됩니다 (또는) 당신이 조종하는 카드 하나에서 파멸을 1개 제거해도 됩니다.
마리 램부 - Back
덱 크기: 30장.
덱 구성 선택지: 레벨 0-5 마법 카드, 레벨 0-3 신비주의자 카드(), 레벨 0 비술 카드, 이외의 레벨 0 다른 탐구자() 그리고/또는 생존자() 카드 최대 5장.
덱 구성 요구조건(덱 크기에 포함되지 않습니다): 미혹의 노래, 사메디 남작, 무작위 기본 약점 카드 1장.
Marie Lambeau was offered as a promo card in the Investigators of Arkham book. I hadn't the chance to grab that at the time, as shipping was prohibitive. Now, if you're in the same position, proxy her. Really.
Marie Lambeau is a great investigator for solo play.
Just look at the stat-line breakdown of Marie Lambeau:
- at 4 , she has the ability to cope with a lot of what the encounter deck will throw, at least in terms of Treacheries.
- the 4 of Marie Lambeau puts her on par with Minh Thi Phan and Rex Murphy, at second place behind Daisy Walker, all of them being investigators! This is really amazing, as you definitely need the clues in that game.
- at 3 , nothing to sneeze at, Marie can always evade what she can't fight.
- at 1 though, she has no way to defend herself, at least until you get that Shrivelling out.
Her ability is a bit tricky, but can be powerful.
First, remember that you only check for the Doom threshold during the Mythos phase, allowing you to pile up some Doom tokens on the board the turn before the Agenda is supposed to advance. That said, when the Agenda does advance, you remove every doom token in play, even the ones on player cards.
This entitles three things:
- Willingly getting a player card out with a Doom token on it to trigger Marie's ability will reduce the time you have before the Agenda advances by 1 turn. Then for the X-1 turns remaining, you have 1 extra action . But wait! There are restrictions on those actions: you can play Spell cards or trigger their .
- When the Agenda advances, you lose the benefit of Marie's ability, as all doom tokens are removed. So you need a way to get those Doom tokens back in play.
- Going blind on most scenarios (or not), no matter what, you're probably not so prepared to help the encounter deck advancing too fast. So you may want to trigger that ability with parcimony, thus getting extra doom tokens on the penultimate turn before advancing the Agenda.
All of this require :
- Experience of the scenarios you play
- Experience at actually playing the deck, and being tricky overall
- Getting a reliable and consistent way to put those doom tokens on player cards
That last point is not that easy. Marie's ability is not reliable. Browsing the current card pool, the alternatives are:
- Alyssa Graham gives you further , parring Marie to Daisy, and encounter deck control as well as Doom management
- Arcane Initiate gives you at least the Doom token you want, and helps you grab those Spells. And... that's it! Granted, those two allies are pretty good in their own right.
Yes, yes, and just when you think those two cards are perfect for Marie Lambeau and just after you add 2 copies of each in your deck, you take a look at her special weakness: Baron Samedi. I think Baron Samedi is a very punishing weakness:
- He cannot leave play until he as 3 Doom tokens on it. It's action yes, but as it requires to exhaust him, you need 3 damn turns to get him out and obviously before the Agenda deck can advance, so in most Agenda (with a Doom threshold at 6 or less) it's not even possible. In the meantime, you can always benefit from Marie's ability true, but 3 Doom can really hurt.
- It fills the damn sole tiny, tiny, tiny ally slot you need so badly.
Overall, on your first scenario, pray not to draw him too early, and get at least 3 victory points. If you do, you will be able to buy Charisma.
All this blabbering on Doom management makes you want to introduce some shielding. Marie's special event Mystifying Song is one way to go: for 3 Resources and no (it's a Fast event) it buys you one more turn to pile those Doom tokens. That's pretty good if you draw it.
Check out the sample deck here: arkhamdb.com