Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
LegallyNickFury · 137
- Silas is a mammal.
- Silas fights ALL the time.
- The purpose of Silas is to flip out and kill people.
Silas's Sea Change Harpoon makes him one of the most ludicrous bruisers available in the game. He is actually more difficult NOT to break than to turn him into The Last Action Hero. Even playing with Taboo, it is very simple to make him testlessly succeed or fail at every test as you so choose.
The first thing you need to do is to get your Sea Change Harpoon. You are mulliganing hard for:
Drawing Thin is well-known for its drawing power, especially when combined with Take Heart, but Unrelenting is the unsung hero of this deck. Because Unrelenting gives you the cards immediately after you seal the chaos tokens, when Silas has the option to pick up a skill card after the test, he can pick up Unrelenting without penalty and use it to generate 2 cards per turn. Rounding out the party are Manual Dexterity, Overpower, and Daring to help those cards keep coming in.
Begin your turn by playing Will to Survive. Then start stabbing.
If you are engaged to 1 or fewer enemies:
This is your default setting. Attack with the Sea Change Harpoon and commit:
- Quick Thinking (once per turn)
- 2x Resourceful - Pull back Will to Survive, Take Heart, "Look what I found!", Stunning Blow, Leather Coat, or Schoffner's Catalogue as needed.
- Any of your other skills based on what you need at the time or to get over the combat threshold of whatever enemy you are facing.
If you are engaged to 2 or more enemies:
Use Stunning Blow to evade one enemy by attacking him, but do NOT pick up your Sea Change Harpoon. Then, use Silas's Net to evade enemies to prevent attacks of opportunity when replaying items, AND combine that with 2x Resourceful before picking up the Net with the skills.
Silas can recycle cards so fast with Resourceful that he need never take damage because of Leather Coat. Horror damage should be soaked up with Peter Sylvestre. The Idol of Xanatos is present for unexpected and large sources of damage, and is powered by your Patrice Hathaway rivaling draw power.
When there are no enemies on the map:
Your priority of operations when there are no bad guys to stab is:
- Replay Schoffner's Catalogue
- Replay Sea Change Harpoon
- Fail an investigate check with Drawing Thin and Take Heart, and then "Look what I found!".
- Defiance - Sometimes you have to pull from the bag for one reason or another. You run out of money, there's some kind of weird scenario test, etc. Defiance helps you control the token pull a little bit to avoid the worst results. You can largely lock down bad results from the bag with Defiance and Unrelenting.
- Helping Hand - When you're fighting enemies with ridiculous combat scores, or for helping out your friends.
- Inspiring Presence - Keep Peter Sylvestre nice and healed, or make your group's Charlie Kane and Leo Anderson very happy.
- Predestined - Throw this in on your failure checks to help your group out with their turns (if they still need them).
The three strongest upgrade cards for this deck are:
Versatile -> Joey "The Rat" Vigil. Joey let's you play your harpoon again at fast speed, along with the Leather Coat and Schoffner's Catalogue. Moreover, the extra resource Joey charges can be paid for from Schoffner's Catalogue.
Alternately, if someone in your group is running a rogue and is willing to spare the space in their deck, you can retrieve Joey via A Chance Encounter or Flare.