Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
bobblenator · 305
He may Tempt Fate but now he manipulates his own destiny to auto succeed huge all in plays, betting big and reaping the rewards. Expect giant power plays every round in which you'll hoover up clues, draw rapidly through you deck and have more money and actions than you know what to do with.
This deck is capable of being the primary/only clue getter in a multiplayer group. It's extremely strong, and at higher XP descends into degenerate play, be warned!
- Latest taboo compatible (v1.9)
- Extremely powerful at all difficulty levels including expert
- Low XP required, at 8xp (this deck list) it has all its primary pieces in play
- If required, can be teched with enemy management to make self-sufficient
- Can easily manage signature weakness
- Can be squishy to damage/horror
- Multi-clue getting effects make it less suitable for true solo
- Can be a little fiddly too keep track of all your card effects on your big all in actions
- Teammates might resent your absurd power level
- Quick cycling deck makes some basic weaknesses severely debilitating
- Bypassing the chaos bag can rob you of the tension that fuels the joy of Arkham
Starting deck (0xp)
- 1 x Eye of the Djinn 1 x Flashlight
- 2 x Favor of the Sun 2 x "Look what I found!"
- Remove Ancient Covenant
Mulligan aggressively for the following:
One "Favoured" action each turn
- Exhaust Eye of the Djinn to set base skill value to 5
- Exhaust and spend bless from Favor of the Sun to get +2
- Exhaust Ancient Covenant to stop drawing additional tokens so you have a skill value of 7 without additional boosts
On you Favoured skill you can commit your skill cards to boost your skill value, over succeed, and collect your success bonuses:
- Opportunist - to boost skill and return to hand
- Manual Dexterity - to boost skill and +1 card draw
- "Watch this!" - to boost skill and get +3 resources
- Quick Thinking - to boost skill and +1 turn
- Lucky Cigarette Case - exhaust for +1 card draw
Ideally you'll be using your Favoured skill test with Pilfer for clue getting, e.g. using Pilfer, with Lucky Cigarette Case and 1 of each skill you'll be testing with a skill value of 12, so you could test against up to a shroud 9 location to succeed by 3+ and get:
- +3 clues
- +3 resources
- +1 turn
- +2 card draw
- +1 card returned
You also get to refresh Eye of the Djinn (because a bless token was revealed) for another skill test at base 5 this turn.
- Eye of the Djinn base 5 skill to have a good chance at most tests e.g. basic investigate, evade, encounter card test, or basic fight action
- Flashlight to clear 1/2 shroud locations
- Intel Report to clear difficult locations
- Track Shoes for additional movement
This deck is designed to rapidly thins itself and cycle quickly.
Get your assets down early so they're not clogging your hand.
Beloved could be commited to tests in hope of a "natural" bless token draw but is better used dumped on a "favoured" action just to thin your deck.
Tempt Fate is a cantrip, you'll rapidly max the chaos bag with bless and curses so you'll be playing this regularly just to replace itself.
Sometimes it's worth playing a new Favor of the Sun on top of an exhausted one even if it still has tokens on just to refresh it.
Defence and Mythos Protection
Lvl 1 - High priority
Pilfer (3) - don't wait until you draw Pilfer again, get it returned to your hand every turn (with enough draw, consider only 1 copy)
Lucky Cigarette Case (3) - don't draw the random card on top of your deck, instead search your entire deck for the card you want
Lvl 2 - Endgame
Relic Hunter (3) - double up on cigarette case search and draw
Lvl 3 - "I'm rich!"
All In (5) - even in tabooed form, gets you setup faster and thins your deck after
The Gold Pocket Watch (4) - just powerful, even more so at higher player counts
Lvl 4 - "What do I even do with all this money?"
Another Day, Another Dollar (3) - a little more consistency in setup
Leo De Luca (1) - he's Leo, but he's cheaper
Manual Dexterity (2) - more card draw
Lucky! (2) - more card draw
Opportunist (2) - unlikely, but if you ever only end up succeeding by 2
A Test of Will (1) - pay XP to skip mythos cards, also thins your deck
Alternative Deck Building Options
You've cleared all the clues and now you want to fight? Consider Backstab and Backstab (3) (which if you go this route becomes a high priority upgrade) - Use your favoured turn to guarantee 3 damage to an enemy, and get Backstab returned to your hand
Want to put your curses to work? Consider running Favor of the Moon (1) which can be exhausted before Favor of the Sun (1) so you only get +0 on your skill test (don't worry, you should still be over succeeding anyway), and in return you get +1 resource from Favor of the Moon (1) and +1 action from Eye of the Djinn (2)
Your teammates don't like you filling up wth bag with curses? Consider Keep Faith (0), Predestined (0) or Signum Crucis (2) to only generate tokens. Signum Crucis (2) with Preston Fairmont's base skill values of 1s works well and you can combine with Drawing Thin (0) for even more token generation.
Have more money than you know what to do with? Consider Streetwise (3)
Like to live dangerously? Consider Charon's Obol (1) for more XP to spend on future goodies
Deck is fully compatible with the latest taboo (2020-10-15)
If you're not playing with the taboo then you can do absurdly degenerate things with:
Generating infinte actions and card draw every round. Be careful, this will break the game.